Home

B&MRRHS

B&MRRHS ARCHIVES The Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society maintains its physical Archive of railroad photos and documents at 40 French Street, Lowell, Massachusetts General Information . Consult the Guide To The B&MRRHS Archives. Read the Archives Committee Report for 2020. Searchable Catalog Organized by Subject Classification Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society, Lowell, Massachusetts. 3,647 likes · 19 talking about this. -Official Page- The Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3).. 8. Colorized version of Photo 2831. Photo 2831a by Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society. 3. Carl Byron writes, This photo must have been taken specifically to show off the artistic wing design on the sides of B&M's 4200-23 AB FT sets by Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society. May 27 ·. This Friday at 7:00 PM EST, join us right here on our Facebook page for the second episode of B&MRRHS member Andrew Riedl's series, Andrew's Excursions! This time, Andrew takes us back to the spring of 2008 when he chased an excursion of privately-owned cabooses on the New England.

On-Line Archives - Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Societ

1. The Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society. I've been a member of the B&MRRHS for some years. Mostly lurking. Enjoying the B&M Bulletin and the Newsletter/Modelers Notes. My great friend, the late John Peterson, was a founding member of the society and a terrific B&M modeler in O scale. When I became interested in New England railroads.
  2. The B&MRRHS has an official web site which has information on current Society events. They also have a web forum. The B&MRRHS was organized in 1971. After a few initial photocopied publications, they began producing a quarterly glossy paper magazine called the B&M Bulletin with the Fall 1971 issue
  3. The B&MRRHS will not be held responsible for the performance of any commercial supplier mentioned within. No compensation or expenses can be paid for any submitted, or published material. All submissions to Modelers Notes are gratis and become property of the B&MRRHS unless return postage is provided
  4. B&M No. 1365 (2-6-0) Class B-15 at Billerica Shops, 1932. This engine was involved in a head-on collision on the Central Mass. Branch at Rutland, Mass., Aug. 3, 1932. Digital image made from photograph in Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society Archives. Cat
  5. 4 ft 8. +. 1⁄2 in ( 1,435 mm) standard gauge. The Boston and Lowell Railroad was a railroad that operated in Massachusetts in the United States. It was one of the first railroads in North America and the first major one in the state. The line later operated as part of the Boston and Maine Railroad 's Southern Division
  6. B&M Stoneham Branch is . . . dead?! by l008com. Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:08 am. After approximately 25 years of no traffic, they finally dug out the remaining grade crossing on the Stoneham branch just recently. This is the one in Woburn, where the line cross Washington street

Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society - Home Faceboo

1. If you come across a copy of this book or any others from the 1920's and 1930's, please share it! FTSB #1 - in effect Aug 1, 1912, collection of B&MRRHS. FTSB #2 - in effect Sep 15, 1913, collection of B&MRRHS. FTSB #3 - in effect Jan 1, 1915, from the collection of Brent Michiels. 5.4 MB pdf. Also collection of B&MRRHS
  2. The B&MRRHS,Inc. publishes the Bulletin more or less on a quarterly basis. Any given issue contains photos and the text to explain them, personal recollections of employees both past and present, rosters, roster shots, maps and other historical information on the B&M and its predecessors. Great reference material for the B&M fan or modeler
  3. B&MRRHS Videos - Volume I The West End Main B&MRRHS Video index page. If there are any errors on these pages, please contact me (Ken Akerboom).NOTE: The video included an introduction page and a map, which are not reproduced here
  4. Federal owned ROW in metrowest Mass. by jaymac. Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:26 pm. The abandoned Federal ROW on the map is a spur off the equally-abandoned B&M Central Mass. Branch with a yard complex for storing and staging ammunition. The B&MRRHS publications The Central Mass ., both original and reprint, cover it, as do a number of postings for the.

The official SLRR webpage, contains info, events, pictures, etc C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s----- You've just arrived..... We don't stand in photo lines! Welcome to what you may find to be the world's most unusual railfan web site. Here at the National Militant Railfan Organization we specialize in cutting through that crap you encounter at all of those other near-do-well railroad sites.We offer the serious railfan a grand variety of photos, hints, ideas. All My pics of SLRR-CVRTC and B&MRRHS putt-putt day 9-25-10. All My pics of SLRR-CVRTC and B&MRRHS putt-putt... 77 Photos | Updated September 26, 201 Congratulations B&MRRHS for this ac To all: My B&M RRHS 'Bulletin' issue XXX111, No. 1 came today. It is the 50- th Special Anniversary Issue. All Color Photos by Dane H. G. Malcolm. 57- color photos. Congratulations B&MRRHS for this ac. By Roger Robar · Precision Scale Co. T1a and T1b 2-8-4s. I need to check to see how many of what dates might also be available in the B&MRRHS collection. Posted 12/08/20. Maintained by Earl Tuso

Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society Flick

B&MRRHS Bulletin vol XXIX #2 p37 (bottom) shows the first piggyback shipment from Vermont Does anyone have a clue what the car is? B&M? some other RR? The text on the car side *might* read Fast Pig. By akerboomk · Address Needed. I have been having computer issues that have messed up my email lists.. View bmrrhs's most interesting Flickr photos and videos on Fluidr. Fluidr makes it easy to view photos and videos on Flickr using continuous pagination which essentially means that you can view hundreds of photos and videos without ever having to click on a 'next' link. You can view items sort by Interestingess or shuffle images, all on a black background Our train is scheduled to arrive in Plymouth at 1:00 PM, in time for the May meeting of the B&MRRHS in the adjacent Plymouth Depot. Our train will depart Plymouth at 3:15 PM. Many railfans will know the name Leon Onofri from Robert Willoughby Jones's books. Leon passed away in the 1960s and his family made his entire slide collection available.

I think I recall a B&MRRHS Bulletin that discussed in detail about the handling of newspapers on commuter trains out of Boston into the 1950s. I think this was a Bulletin published in the last few years. I will see if I can find it and post the B&MRRHS issue information. Ron Hig Tom Nelligan, who extensively rode, photographed, and wrote about Northeastern and Canadian railroads in the 1960s, '70s, and '80s, died April 9, 2021, at the age of 70. The author of seven books about railroading, he was also a frequent contributor to both Trains and Passenger Train Journal. A native of Connecticut, Nelligan covered the final years of the New Have The Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society, Inc. is a not-for-profit, 501 (c) 3 organization composed of people who want to share their knowledge, and learn more about, the history and operations of the Boston and Maine Railroad, its predecessors, and successors. Formed in 1971 by a group of interested B&M employees and railfans, the B. The Jenny Lind Tower is a stone tower located in North Truro, Massachusetts.It is named after the 19th-century opera singer Jenny Lind, who is rumored to have climbed the tower when it was located in Boston to prevent a riot among people who were unable to attend her concert. It is located roughly between the Highland Light lighthouse and North Truro Air Force Station Tim Gilbert's notes in the B&MRRHS Modelers Notes #72 (May-June 2001) helped with the placement of B&M freight car heralds. And Earl Tuson's web page, Boston & Maine Railroad Coal Cars 1900-1930, describes the tidewater coal traffic on the B&M and includes some photos of the USRA gons. Tim Gilberts B&M Freight Car Roster 1915-1955 in the B.

Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society - Posts Faceboo

Box_60000_series — Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society

I have the B&MRRHS's reprint of Diagrams - Rail Motor Cars as of 1955, and that shows 196 as the former 1196, an Electro-Motive Corp. double-end gas-electric with a 120 HP Winton engine, and seating for 64 coach/20 smoker built by Osgood-Bradley Car Co Wayne Gagnon, B&MRRHS and Flying Yankee Restoration Group.. Reply. LYMAN DECAMP says: April 23, 2017 at 1:32 am. Perhaps the most interesting issue is that VIA expressed a desire to buy them back! I agree with Wayne that the design was great, and well-maintained [such as those from the Dallas/Fort Worth TRE] or repowered cars should be able to. Today, with so many ways to copy images and distribute them (Walker would have been in 7th heaven if he had a scanner and a computer), there's virtually no limit to what can be procured. I saw a brief video clip on YouTube the other day of the B&M Talgo Train in action. It was copied from an 8mm movie, which the B&MRRHS issued on VHS tapes. Photo of MEC 28199 (still wearing big READING banner), ex-D&H from 28300-28366 or 28400-28448 series, originally built by the Reading in 17200-17299 series in 1967, with suggestion on modeling it using Soo Line Historical & Technical Society kit for 8-panel 50' boxcar made by Accurail, by Jim Eager, RMJ, October 2002

B&M Caboose No C-8, Concord, NBox_76000_series — Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society

In the July-August Newsletter of the B&MRRHS there is a list of all the Railroad Enthusiasts (New England Div.) fan trips from the first in 1934 to June 6, 1954, compiled by H. A. Wilder from the records of Dana D. Goodwin. The first fan trip on the New Haven on the list is the October 6, 1936 run between Boston and Cedar Hill on the Comet. The B&MRRHS publishes a bimonthly newsletter and a magazine, the B&M Bulletin, for its members. The Walker Transportation Collection has the foremost collection of New England transportation photographs -- historical images of boats, airplanes, buses, trolleys, automobiles, and especially railroads! The WTC's museum is operated by dedicated. B & MRRHS, Inc. P.O. Box 469 Derry, NH 03038 British Columbia Railway. Annual Dues: $20US, $24CAN BC Railway Hist. & Tech. Society Brad Dunlop 170 Jupiter Ct. Kelowna, BC, Canada Burlington Northern. Annual Dues: $20, $40 sust., $10 youth Friends of the BN Railroad Gary Seymour, Secretary PO Box 271 West Bend, WI 53095-0271 Canadian Nationa The Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society The B&MRRHS official web page. Click here for information on the Society's services, publications, calendar, dues schedule, etc. Click here for an excellent on-line tour or station photos and images

The Society has been involved with the restoration since 1992 when a group of our members started working on the engine at North Billerica. By the time it arrived at Lowell, brought by rail and then lifted by crane to the track where she now sits, No. 410 had been scraped, painted, and lettered by NPS and B&MRRHS volunteers It's easy to find pics of Boston and Maine cabeese from all times--but not so easy to find info on what they ran at different times. I'm assuming the blue ones would be common in the 50's and 60's..but I can't find what they'd be using in the 1920's through 40's Corporate History of the Boston and Maine Railroad (System), Including Owned, Leased and Controlled Lines as of Dates of Valuation June 30, 1914. 1915. Boston & Maine Railroad. Railroading on the Boston and Maine. 1953 ed. Rpt. B&MRRHS: 2016. Boston & Maine Railroad

227 Likes, 3 Comments - MOON GAYOUNG//MUN KAYOUNG//문가영 (@__moongayoung__) on Instagram: [SPOILER] Find Me In Your Memory EP. 7-8 . . . . {#moongayoung #. The B&MRRHS Bulletin vol. XV #4 contains a great article describing the work. Sometime in the 50's or 60's a highway realignment and widening took place and the path of route 12/103 was changed. The widening process also led to the removal of one of the two remaining granite piers, but the other still remains to this day The B&MRRHS has a combine car in Lowell, MA they converted to a mini-museum and model layout (coupled to a static display 0-6-0 switcher). The hi-cube looks to be a supersized version of that! Boston & Maine RR Combine Coach 1214 at the Lowell National Historical Park by ck4049, on Flick 6: Boston & Maine RR, Authorization For Expenditure #439, B&MRRHS collection. 7: R. G. Dun Mercantile Agency Reference Book, Merrimack County, NH, September 1920 8: 14th Biennial Report of the NH Bureau of Labor, 1922 9: American Lumberman, Part 1, 1923 10: Biennial Report of the NH Bureau of Labor, 1923-4, 1925-6, 1927- Page 1 HUB Headlight HUB Division Inc., Northeastern Region, National Model Railroad Association - www.hubdiv.org Volume 37, Number 4, March - April, 202

MBTA F40PH No

B&MRRHS 128 pages softcover. This is a look at the railroads of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont. Includes the Bangor & Aroostook, Maine Central, Aroostook Valley RR, Belfast & Moosehead lake, Boston & Maine, Boston & Albany, Central Vermont, New York Central, Hoosac Tunnel & Wilmington, Springfield Terminal, Claremont & Concord. The Central Mass. on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The Central Mass SHSMO also seeks to generate interest in and appreciation of the rich cultural heritage of Fairs were held in Huckles Grove until the present fair grounds was purchased in 1891. USGenWeb project. Earn free nights, get our Price Guarantee & make booking easier with Hotels.com! Consult the Guide To The B&MRRHS Archives

Model Railroader is the world's largest magazine on model trains and model railroad layouts. We feature beginner and advanced help on all model railroading scales, including layout track plans, model railroad product reviews, model train news, and model railroad forums The B&MRRHS publishes the B&M Bullentin, an excellent journal of B&M history. New York Central System Historical Society The NYC was the Rutland's parent for much of the early twentieth century and an important connection as well Stephen, I saw on the B&M Yahoo list that the B&MRRHS has been notifed by the NPS that #3713 will be restored in her speed lettering late appearance rather than her as-built look with rectangular tender logo and skyline casing However, I do have a sketch on the Valuation Map, as well as interior notes, calculation sheets (which have some dimensions ,) and condition notes that a modeler could use to help replicate the station, while the B&MRRHS does have two sheets of the aforementioned drawing in their files. Barnstead Passenger Depot- to be added

The Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society - Dominion

See what Ian Duncan (flyian) has discovered on Pinterest, the world's biggest collection of ideas Bienvenue sur la page du chemin de fer Montréal Vermont & Essex. Suivez nos réalisations d'une grande maquette à l' échelle HO. Vaste réseau de trains miniatures à l'échelle HO et boutique ouverte les samedis impairs de 10-17h Layout represents 50's in Vermont and freelance 80's, Also we have a hobbyshop located in Montreal B&MRRHS Chairman Paul Kosciolek (left) and - Flickr Sep 17, 2016 · The occasion was the Society's meeting at Nashua Valley Railroad Association in Shirley, Mass. on September 17, 2016

Unofficial Boston and Maine Railroad Pag

On Jun 13, 2020 00:55, bpfogwell <bpfogwell@...> wrote: On the PAS/PAR freight main, where it is double-tracked, the tracks are labelled Track 1 or Track 2 (I understand that the 2 nd track is not considered a siding).. But for the passive observer showing up at some random point on the Freight Main where it is double tracked, how does one know which is Track 1 and which is. Central Massachusetts Railroad: | | Central Massachusetts Railroad | | | Lo... World Heritage Encyclopedia, the aggregation of the largest online encyclopedias available, and the most definitive collection ever assembled The museum officials, and the director of the nearby historical society, absolutely loved seeing the area, abeit, in topographic map form with trains running on the tracks. We were immediately put in touch with the B&MRRHS, the local historical society, and author Carl Byron who wrote the book Pinprick of Light, which is the history of the tunnel

Modeler Notes #128 - TrainWeb

Jason Klocke came up with a photo of one of these cars with the old door on either the DCI or FtDDM&S, don't remember which? He picked up this flat kit off eBay cheap ANNOUNCING A New Book from Rocky Mountain Publishing, Inc. MODEL RAILROADING'S GUIDE TO MODELING AND DETAILING DIESELS VOLUME ONE Available late September 1991 -92 pages - $9.95 per copy Model Railroading's GUIDE TO MODELING AND DETAILING DIESELS is the book you've been waiting for. It's full of step-by-step instructions to help you get professional quality results from your modeling projects Mine came from the B&MRRHS; Herron also sells them. It's film by Stanley Y. Whitney, taken just after WWII and is a wonderful look at the operations to and through the notch. Lots of film of Bartlett. It's in color and looks like professional film, not what I did on my vacation video. The narration is also excellent

Nice puzzle, imhelen2. This is located on Dutton Street in Lowell, Ma. It is a restoration project of the B&MRRHS. The loco is an 0-6-0 type switcher, and was built in June, 1911, by the Manchester Locomotive Works, in Manchester, N. H Because this has been a rite of passage for B&M modelers, there have been write-ups on the tricky parts, particularly doing the curved bead on the ends of the clerestory. I recall seeing them in the Hub Division Headlight and the B&MRRHS Modeler's Notes. Also, I think all the basic wood parts are still available from Northeastern. Jame Boston & Maine, The B&MRRHS discussion list. CNET, Fans of the Canadian National. To subscribe, type: SUBSCRIBE CNET (your name) Conrail Talk. To subscribe, type: SUB CONRAIL-TALK (your name) Conrail Technical & Historical. To subscribe: request to be placed on list. CPRSOO, fans of CP Rail, etc. To subscribe, type: SUBSCRIBE CPRSOO (your name

B&M No. 1365 (2-6-0) Class B-15 at Billerica - Flick

164. Eclectic lot of 2 B& MRRHS T Shirts, 3 nice loco advertising pieces, B&M Broadsides, more 165. 3 New England Color Books 166. Brass Dater Die from Delaware, Ohio 167. 30 New Haven Timetables 1926 - 1927 Lines East & West 168. 3 Trolley/Street Railway Employee badges 169. New York State Canals Dressel Mohawk Lamp 170 Finden Sie Top-Angebote für B&m Bulletin ~ B & mrrhs ~ Boston and Maine RR ~ Vol 1,no 4 ~ Sommer 1972 ~ Kopie ~ bei eBay. Kostenlose Lieferung für viele Artikel

Eclectic lot of 2 B&MRRHS T Shirts, 3 nice loco advertising pieces, B&M Broadsides, more - Kitchen Sink of mostly B&M items but Baldwin, Alco/GE and EMD color advertising folders. The B&M T Shirts are size Medium. Many other items including photos and 1980 B&M Employee Bulletins. Basically Good+ conditio Raymond Historical Society. Raymond Historical Society was formed in 1969. Raymond Historical Society purchased and restored the Raymond Depot building. The Raymond Depot was built in 1893. We house 4 rolling stock, a Whitcomb Engine 1932, Caboose 1932, Refrigerator Box Car 1953 and a Push Car 1944. On this same site we have a B&M trackside. It's covered in passing in a number of books but the best source that comes to mind is the Carl Byron two part article in the B&MRRHS Bulletin. Eight miles under wire is the title, volume 26, numbers 1 & 2

Friends of Bedford Depot Park, Inc. Presented at the Annual Meeting Saturday, October 19, 2019 Rail Diesel Car 6211 Bedford, Massachusetts 2019 ANNUAL REPOR Mechanicville Bridge is a minor waterways place on the New York State Canal System (Champlain Canal - Canalized Hudson River) between Troy-Waterford Bridge (8.87 miles and 2 locks to the south) and Fort Edward Lock No C7 (27.95 miles and 4 locks to the north

Get the best deal for Railroadiana & Trains 1994 from the largest online selection at eBay.com. | Browse our daily deals for even more savings! | Free shipping on many items I'd like to make a N scale model of the B&M station in my hometown. It's still standing although the tracks have been ripped up. I need to head over at some point and ask the current occupants if it is OK for me to take detailed photos and measurements, since I haven't found any blueprints (the B&MRRHS and the local library don't have any, unfortunately) The information below has been drawn from sources outside of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries. In most instances, the information will be from sources that have not been peer reviewed by scholarly or research communities Maine Central Railroad: Map, Roster, Logo, Photos. American-rails.com DA: 22 PA: 9 MOZ Rank: 31. Maine Central E7A #708 is seen here at the yard in Bangor during April of 1963; A few years before, in 1960, the company had largely discontinued passenger service; two units, #710-711, were immediately retired and later scrapped in 1965 while the other five, #705-709, remained in service for a.

Boston and Lowell Railroad - Wikipedi

Coastal Hydraulic Models (Classic Reprint) Robert y Hudson Author: Robert y Hudson Published Date: 16 Feb 2019 Publisher: Forgotten Books Language: English Book Format: Paperback::542 pages ISBN10: 1528423151 Dimension: 152x 229x 28mm::717g Download:.. from: bbussey on January 26, 2016, 10:16:34 PMAtlas. One benefit of being in the business is being able to purchase OEM compon.. Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society (unofficial) The B&MRRHS has an official web site which has information on current Society events The B&MRRHS was organized in 1971 After a few initial photocopied publications, they began producing a quarterly glossy paper magazine called the B&M Bulletin with the Fall 1971 issue

I bet both were also at the show at the B&MRRHS table. The cat poles were done by Paul Weiser. He also custom did the B&M electrics with my assistance to capture details. January 26th, 2014, 08:14 PM #7. Approach_Medium. View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Trainz Addict. 2603 2603 08/16/1994 (dop) B&MRRHS loco. 2604 2604 08/16/1994 (dop) Lowell trolley. 2605 2605 08/16/1994 (dop) Passenger train at Ware. 2606 2606 08/16/1994 (dop) Passenger train at Ware. 2607 2607 08/16/1994 (dop) Passenger train at Barre. 2612 2612 10/31/1994 (dop) ? 2613 2613 10/31/1994 (dop) ? 2617 2617 10/31/1994 (dop) CANA interchang 490 ED B&M Memories, Vol. 2 B&MRRHS 75 1349 ED VP B&M Memories, Vol. 4 B&MRRHS 90 805 ED B&M Memories: The Films Of Dana D. Goodwin B&MRRHS '91 1451 ED Batten Kill Railroad Searles '94 ? 465 ED Before The Hyphen Revelation 90 1772 ED CD Best of the Midwest, Vol. II Pentrex '99 97 Locations in SD, NE, MN, IA, IL, and WI.. 749 CD 1218 On Black Mountain Trainland Video 53 1711 CD CR 1989 Diesel Action/Raitt Hill Pushers Cab Ride R. Smith (A)

B&M Stoneham Branch is

B&M FTSB's - Red Manse Far

Master_List Full Legal Name Code Founded Organization's Objectives Aastra Users Group AASTRAUG www.aastraug.org Provides contacts and information to become more effective telecommunications professiona In the 1900 / 1907 painting guides for the B&M (Available from the B&MRRHS), caboose sides were Brown, ends (including cupola ends) were Red. So on the B&M the [partial] use of red dates back to at least that point Ken - Would you like to see how well weavermodels.com is doing? Come and see the site and domain statistics for weavermodels.com such as IP, Domain, Whois, SEO, Contents, Bounce Rate, Time on Site, Social Status and website speed and lots more to see Essays on Shakespeare (Princeton Legacy Library) by Robert Heilman, Northrop Frye, J.V. Cunningham, Gunnar Boklund, Maynard Mack, Harry Levin and a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks.com

B&M Bulletin~B&MRRHS~Boston and Maine RR~Vol 2,No 3~March

Old PEPPERSASS (rebuilt for the occasion) with Jack FrostMEC HH 600s Nos